Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 8 and Home

Here are a few more pictures from last week.



That's me with my new camera which is really fun.
Sunday morning David called me from the Tri-Cities, WA where he had gone to visit his grandpa to tell me that he was stuck there and wouldn't be able to get to Portland to pick Alexa and I up from the airport. The Tri-Cities had lots of ice and Saturday night the van slipped on the ice trying to go up the hill to Jim and Bernadette's house where he was staying. The wheel hit the curb at about 15 mph and David had to just park it pretty much where it was and walk a quarter mile to the house. Then it started snowing and snow tires or chains were required to get from Tri-Cities to the Dalles, which we don't have. So even if the van was OK he was stuck. So I started trying to change my flight which I didn't want to do because it is really expensive. The other problems were, a. my house key was on the van keys which were with David b. The car is also broken right now, needs a new battery About that time Renee called because she realized David might be stuck in the weather in the Tri-Cities. She and Curt have an extra key, and so they came to Portland and picked us up. We had an extra car seat in the garage for Alexa. On top of all this fun, Alexa has a really nasty cold. She sounds horrible and had a fever off and on Sunday and had on this morning when she woke me up at 5:00 am. So we got about 5 hours of sleep. I just dosed her with decogestant, so hopefully she will be able to get a little more sleep before we have to try and get the car fixed. Until I figure that out we are stuck here at the house. David will take the van in somewhere this morning and see if the wheel and the alignment are OK, and then it depends on the weather.
The other interesting news was that Phoenix was getting flooded with rain as I left. Phoenix isn't really built for rain, so the water floods the roads, canals, rivers etc. There were flash flood warnings in parts of Phoenix, even some fog at the airport. I am beginning to feel like Garfield with my own personal rain cloud.

No comments: