Thursday, January 31, 2008

Knitting Projects

There haven't been too many photo opportunities here in the past couple of days, so I took pictures of my knitting. This is my Pimlico Shrug which I am nearly finished with. It has taken a long time, but I really think it will be cozy and nice. This is a sweater called the Molly Ringwald. I am re-knitting it because the first time I made it, it was too large. The sleeves kept sliding off my shoulders and the body was sort of shapeless, so I pulled it all out and have left it on the shelf for quite a while, but today I decided to have another go at it.

David got home last night finally. I am so glad to have him home. Alexa slept in her own bed last night and I slept for 8 uninterrupted hours. Lovely. Furthermore, while it is raining today, the temperature is 48F, so no ice! Other news - my brother Cody and his wife Melissa are expecting. I will be an auntie for the fifth time about September 15th. Alexa's cold is better. She still has the runny nose and cough, but not so bad. I think I have escaped this one fortunately.
Here is a fun quote from a book I have by Brian Andreas "I didn't listen to her because she was my mother and wouldn't know anything until I was much older."
And another favorite "I need someone to invent a mirror that leaves out some of the details, she said"

No comments: