Sunday, December 30, 2007

My Grandma

For those of you who know her, I talked to my Grandma tonight since it was her 88th birthday yesterday and I forgot to call yesterday. I heard from Robert and Sue that she was taken to the hospital on Christmas Eve, but no details. I called and talked to Jerry and Carol tonight and they told me that she had been in the hospital for a couple of days and was now in the rest home in rehab. This was her idea since she needs to get her strength back. Apparently while she was in Denver staying with Bonnie and Ronnie she choked on some water, and after that for a couple of weeks she was nauseated. Sherry took care of her until Ronnie thought she had better get back home (closer to her docs probably) so she flew home. On Christmas Eve she was feeling terribly sick and had a fever. They took her to the hospital and did a bunch of tests and found no major problem, they just thought she was weakened from the stomach problems, so now she is at the rest home so they can help her exercise and build up her strength. She seems to be in good spirits and says the food is better than last time so maybe there is a new cook.

No comments: