Sunday, December 9, 2007

Pear Custard Pie


So I made a Pear Custard Pie today and it was so pretty I took a picture. It was really easy too - here's the recipe.
1/4 C butter melted
3 ripe but firm Comice or Bartlett pears, peeled, halved and cored
1/3 C granulated sugar
1/3 C all purpose flour
2 t vanilla
3 large eggs
3/4 C milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar for dusting
Preaheat the oven to 350 F, butter a 9" pie dish. Slice the pears 1/4" thick lengthwise and arrange overlapping slightly in dish. I a blender process the melted butter, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, eggs, milk and salt until smooth. (I recommend pouring the butter in last because mine cooled and coagulated on the side of the blender when I put it in before the eggs and milk) Pour the batter over the pears and bake 40-45 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioner's sugar. I hadn't done the sugar yet when I took the picture. Also it collapses a bit as it cools, but it is still very pretty and yummy.

No comments: